- All-purpose flour (or a mix of all-purpose and whole grain flour)
- Water, preferably filtered
- Day 1: Make the Starter
- 150gm all-purpose flour (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 120 ml water (1/2 cup)
- Weigh the flour and water, and combine them in a 2-quart glass or plastic container (not metal). Stir vigorously until combined into a smooth batter. It will look like a sticky, thick dough. Scrape down the sides and loosely cover the container with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel secured with a rubber band.
- Place the container somewhere with a consistent room temperature of 70°F to 75°F (like the top of the refrigerator) and let sit for 24 hours.
2You have repeat this above process atleast for 5 days
3)Add this starter to your normal /multigrain / oats chapati to make it more nutritious and gut friendly