|1.||Ragi or finger millet flour||3 Tbsp|
|3.||1 Cup butter milk.||1 Cup|
|4.||Salt as per your taste|
|5.||A big pinch of asafoetida|
|6.||1/2 onion finely chopped|
|7.||4 – 5 curry leaves|
|8.||Coriander leaves finely chopped (optional)|
- Take ragi (finger millet) flour in a bowl.
- Add in 1/2 cup of water and mix it well. Make sure there are no lumps left out.
- Next keep remaining 1.5 cups of water for boiling.
- When the water starts boiling add in ragi batter from step 2.
- Bring it to boil and continue boiling under low flame for 5 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Switch off the stove and wait until completely cool.
- Next add in salt. You can skip the below steps and serve it with pickle and ghee, if you wish.
- Also add in a cup of buttermilk. (you can add whisked curd if you don’t have buttermilk)
- Mix it well. I use a hand beater to mix it well.
- Next add in asafoetida and give a quick mix.
- Next add in finely chopped onion.
- Also finely chopped curry leaves and mix it well.
- Serve it and enjoy. I have topped it with extra onions and coriander leaves.