|1.||Skinned split red lentils
(dhuli masoor dal)
|2.||wash dal thoroughly|
|3.||Chopped spinach||1 cup|
|6.||lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|8.||tomato||3 (roughly chopped)|
|10.||Roasted cumin powder||1⁄2 tsp|
|11.||Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat then sauté the onion for several minutes.
- Toss in the spinach and the garlic and sauté until spinach is wilted.
- Add the tomatoes with liquid, and lentils to the pot along with dried herbs.
- Stir to combine and bring heat to a boil.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Wait a few minutes then cover with a lid and allow to cook for 30 minutes, until lentils are just tender but not mushy. Remove from heat and squeeze in lemon juice then stir together.
- Divide into bowls and serve warm.