|1.||kokum fruits, chopped or dry kokums||1 cup|
|4.||5-6 cardamoms, powdered or crushed
|5.||1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder|
|6.||1-2 pinch of black salt or salt (optional)|
- Rinse the kokum fruits in water. (see notes below on making the sherbet from dry kokum)
- Chop the kokum fruits and remove the seeds.
- Keep the pulp and the outer cover.
- Grind the fruit and pulp with little water.
- Strain the whole kokum mixture.
- Boil the sugar and water until the syrup becomes a little thick.
- Cool the sugar syrup and then add the strained kokum mixture to it.
- Add the roasted cumin powder and powdered cardamom.
- Mix well. Store kokum juice in a jar or bottle and refrigerate.
- When serving, dissolve 1 or 2 tbsp of the kokum juice in one glass of water.
- Add ice cubes and serve chilled kokum juice