- 3/4 cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 3/4 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 pinches asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- Combine the besan and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the methi, green chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the besan-water mixture, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately with jowar roti, garlic chutney and onions.